If you are an Entrepreneur, Business Owner, Investor, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), or any Finance Professional, Don’t Miss This Incredible Opportunity.
Take advantage of eFinancialModels and get the Best Financial Model Templates in Excel that will enable you to make clear financial decisions for your business growth. Sign Up now to take your business to the next level.
By signing up, you will:
- See and acquire all kinds of Financial Modeling examples that can boost your business performance
- Save a wish list of your preferred financial modeling examples in Excel
- Save your purchased products
- Access to the best in class Financial Modeling Know-How and see how it is being applied in business
Financial Modeling Examples in Excel
There are many types of financial models which are commonly used nowadays. Listed below are financial modeling examples categorized as commonly used or basic and advanced models often drafted by experts.
Basic Financial Models
- Three Statement Model – most basic setup for financial modeling, consisting of the three statement model such as the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model – most used valuation method, built on the 3-statement model to value a business’ future cash flow based on its Net Present Value (NPV)
- Budget Model – either personal or business use, this is a popular model for creating a budget plan
- Forecasting Model – best use in a financial plan, to do a forecast, projection, and analysis
Advanced Financial Models
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model – commonly used by investment bankers and corporate development professionals to do a valuation of their business before going public
- Merger Model (M&A) – usually used by advanced financial modelers to conduct a merger and acquisition
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model – another advanced financial model for creating a sound debt schedule
- Sum of the Parts Model – this kind of model is usually built by taking several DCF models and summing it up together
- Consolidation Model – in this model, instead of just one business, there will be multiple businesses added to one single model
Option Pricing Model – there are actually two ways you can create with this kind of model, but basically, this is usually presented purely as mathematical and acts as a calculator rather than subjective
Why Financial Modeling is Important
To evaluate and understand your business growth, you need to have a better understanding of its value drivers. Therefore, you will need to develop a sound financial model to obtain a deep understanding of your business. The benefits of financial modeling are the following:
- Obtain a deep understanding of what value the business has and how the value is influenced.
- Find potential areas for improvement by identifying parameters which are not optimal compared to industry benchmarks. This will be a big help for you to identify synergies in M&A transactions and focus areas to work on when trying to increase a business’ valuation.
- Obtain a better basis for capital allocation decisions and avoid making blind decisions. With financial modeling, all decisions can be justified in a traceable and rational way.
- Develop a solid budget and financial plan to obtain visibility on your financial future.
The best way to achieve your business goals is to have a clear foresight and spend your efforts on the right areas in business. Before breaking the business into discrete pieces and asking yourself which direction each will go, first, look at the business as a whole and understand both what you, as an organization, are trying to accomplish as well as what the intended purpose of the model and start-up financial projections will be. Depending on the industry and use case, you will need to develop an optimal financial model. For this reason, financial modeling examples from eFinancialModels are focused on specific industries and provide you with a clear basis for making financial and investment decisions in business.
eFinancialModels has been created to help entrepreneurs, key executives, and investors, preparing quality financial models by providing state of the art industry financial model templates which can be used to create financial plans used for business plans, company valuations, investment analysis, capital raising or M&A transactions. A good way to start something new can be a simple excel valuation template, so we hope the financial modeling examples in Excel provided by our platform offer an excellent solution to better analyze the prospects of interesting investment projects.
Excel Valuation Templates and More
Aside from having a job, starting a business, investing in businesses, projects, and other potential ventures where one can earn profit from; all are ways which one can earn money. Investing is one of the ways to earn the most out of one’s money, thus, it became popular not just for entrepreneurs but also for business executives. The question is, how will to know if the investment is worth it? How to decide which investment venture is the best choice? How to know the expected returns of the investment?
The best answer would be to conduct a business valuation and then create a Valuation model. This will help you determine the economic value of the business you plan to invest in. There are many valuation methods you can apply for your model, such as:
- Income Approach – valuation method used for income-producing properties where it calculates the value based on the entity’s past, current, and forecasted cash flow to determine the intrinsic value. Under this approach are the commonly used and popular methods like the Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Capitalization of Earnings (CoE), and Economic Value Added (EVA).
- Market Approach – used to determine the value of an entity by taking into account the market prices of entities that are comparable. There are three known methods that utilize this approach such as the Precedent Transaction Analysis, Stockmarket Multiples Analysis, and Relative Valuation Comparisons.
- Cost Approach – the value is determined by basing it on the balance sheet, generally used to value entities based on the market value of assets, cost to build, replacement cost, and liquidation value of the assets.
Each approach has advantages and disadvantages but depending on how you use it, you can definitely count on these approaches as a basic guide on how to value a business or an asset. After deciding which approach best suits your needs, the next thing to do is to create a valuation model. This will need you to spend time researching, calculating, and analyzing. Sometimes you would need the need of experts to assist or guide you. Another way would be to acquire an excel valuation template. Using an excel valuation template will help you save time, learn more about financing, and even give you choices on which valuation method you want to focus on.
The Unique Value Proposition of eFinancialModels
Financial modeling requires financial modeling know-how and can be very time-consuming. The way to approach this is to work in a very structured manner and apply a stringent logic. Using a financial model template in Excel provides such a structure and an example of how to do such a task.
eFinancialModels offers a wide range of industry-specific financial model templates which simply save time and provide a structured way to analyze a company or an investment opportunity. Important financial analysis know-how is inbuilt with the financial modeling examples in Excel. Our model inventory is also constantly updated for new industries and use cases as we gather more projects and new vendors.
eFinancialModels offers financial modeling templates for a variety of industries and use cases such as the following:
- Financial Analysis: Obtaining a better understanding of the economics of your business and its value drivers
- Forecasting: Preparing a budget and 5-year business plan/financial plan
- KPIs: Forecasting important key metrics such as break-even point, payback period, etc.
- Scenarios: Analyzing the effects of different growth and financing scenarios on your business
- Valuation: Valuing a company or an asset
- M&A: Buying/selling a company or an asset
- Investment and Capital Allocation Decisions: Making enhanced and rationale investment-decision based on solid financial analysis
- Fundraising: Bank financing, equity
- Managing and Tracking: Keeping track of data metrics and to help with business management.
Having the right financial model in Excel is important when it comes down to making better financial decisions, as the model will give you the relevant financial metrics such as IRR, NPV or yield, to base your decisions on while providing all the details to back it up. In addition, working with dynamic financial modeling examples in Excel allows you to run different scenarios and test the strength of your assumptions in detail. eFinancialModels provides the best in class and easy-to-use financial modeling templates in Excel which can be applied to countless use cases.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re looking for examples of financial models in Excel or an Excel valuation template to use and understand your business, eFinancialModels is all you need. Creating a solid financial model is absolutely one of the best things you can do for your business and together with our templates, you won’t have to spend too much time creating from scratch.
Acquire the most suitable and ultimate financial modeling examples in Excel for your kind of business now. Our financial model templates encompass but are not limited to (excerpt):
- Biogas Financial Model
- Commercial Real Estate investment Model
- Commercial Real Estate Valuation Model
- Dairy Farm Valuation Model
- Debt Amortization Table Financial Model
- DCF Valuation Model Restaurant
- Discount Rate Estimation (WACC)
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Valuation Model
- eCommerce Valuation Model
- Fish Farm Valuation Model
- Forestry Financial Model
- Gated Community Developer Model
- Gold Mine Investment Model
- Hotel Valuation Financial Model
- Language School Financial Model
- Mobile App Financial Model
- Parking Operator and Shuttle Bus Financial Model
- Poultry Farm Valuation Model
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR) Project Finance Analysis
- Private Equity-Leveraged Buyout Model
- Rental Property Financial Model
- Real Estate Developer Financial Model
- Rice Farming Financial Model
- SaaS Valuation Model
- Serviced Office Financial Model
- Shrimp Farm Financial Model
- Simple Cap Table Template
- Solar Energy Financial Model
- Waste to Energy Financial Model
- Wind Energy Financial Model
A 5-year startup financial model template geared toward the revenue and expense logic of a security monitoring and alarm services company.
Hotel financial model Excel template Highlights Five-year business model template to develop a hotel business with help of monitoring profitability, planning yearly revenues, extra revenue streams, forecasting expenses, and investment. This model designed to be…
This is a useful tool for anyone managing inventory purchasing. You can run the model, daily, weekly, or, monthly based on the needs of your situation.
Air BnB Financial Model Template presents the business case of the purchase of up to 5 properties with the intent of utilizing them as short term rentals to generate income. The model generates the three…
This excel file will allow to calculate the net present value, internal rate of return and payback period from a simple cash flow stream and see the results of the scenarios in dynamic graphs. One…
This excel file will allow to play with 3 scenarios worst case, base case, and best case and see the results of the scenarios in dynamic graphs.
Shipping Vessel's Financial Model presents the business case of the purchase of two vessels with the intent of chartering them to generate revenues. The model generates the three financial statements as well as the cash…
Beauty Salon Business Model Highlights Five-year business model template to develop a beauty salon business with help of monitoring profitability, planning yearly revenues, extra product revenue, forecasting multiple expenses, inventory, and investment. This model designed…
Food Truck Business Model Highlights Five-year food truck business plan to calculate the costs of starting a food truck business: check profitability, plan yearly revenues and forecast multiple expenses, inventory and investment. Features a consolidated…
FreeTrial SaaS Business Model 3 Offerings Highlights Five-year FreeTrial SaaS business model Excel for SaaS startups to forecast monthly recurring revenue, churn, bookings, billings, and cost of sales for subscription-revenue businesses with up to three…
Objectives: The purpose of the Discounted Free Cash Flow Financial Model Template is to provide the user with a useful tool to estimate investment return potential by discounting future cash flow projections to a present…
Cafe Business Plan Highlights Five-year cafe business plan template presented you how to open a cafe to calculate the costs of starting a cafe: check profitability, plan yearly revenues and forecast multiple expenses, inventory and…
Healthcare Clinic Financial Model Highlights Five-year healthcare clinic financial model Excel template for calculating how much does it cost to run a hospital: check profitability, plan yearly revenues and forecast multiple expenses, investment, estimating needs…
Chain Beauty Salon Business Plan Financial Model Highlights Chain Beauty Salon Business Plan Financial Model template to evaluate the cost and to learn successful opening a hair salon chain: calculate profitability, plan future revenues and…
Medical Practice Financial Model Highlights Five-year Medical Practice financial model Excel template for calculating how to open a medical clinic: check profitability, plan yearly revenues and forecast multiple expenses, investment, estimating needs for certain services,…
Having a solid financial model is absolutely one of the best things you can do to better understand your business and its economics. Rational decisions are based on sound financial analysis and focusing on the right questions. Register now to take full advantage of the excel valuation template models and financial analysis models provided by eFinancialModels.
Power up your financial decision-making by using high-quality and structured financial modeling examples in Excel.
What our customers say about our financial model templates:
“I found them EXTREMELY useful! and by all means a quick and helpful way to get rid of excessive calculations, formulas, and waste of time. Quick, accurate, and exact way of making assessments and/or evaluations.”
G. Garza, Senior Financial Consultant
“I am always delighted with your models. Thank you. Keep delivering these Models.”
J. Casabona, CFO FirmGreen Inc.
“Financial Model Templates from eFinancialModels offer a great way to professionally design a Financial Model”
N. Bendarkar, Entrepreneur
“Love it, it’s a great product”
L. Kishore, App Entrepreneur
“Hi! I do not need help. Just wanted to let you know that this webpage is fantastic! Keep it going!”
R. Baquerizo, Entrepreneur
eFinancialModels – Best in class examples of financial models in Excel which allow you to better understand your business and enhance your decision-making process for investment and capital allocation decisions.