DAYCARE BUSINESS PLAN FINANCIAL MODEL
CONVEYING A BUSINESS IDEA
Once I worked with a client who wanted to open a new locally-owned, nationally accredited Kids DayCare Center, focusing on the provision of day-to-day full-time care and loving environment for children aged from 1 month to 60 months.
SETTING UP PURPOSES AND FORMING A PLAN
My client asked a professional financial modeler in my face to prepare an investor-ready business plan. The main questions he wanted us to answer are as follows:
– to understand, whether the business idea is profitable;
– to calculate overall costs of daycare launch;
– to calculate expenses on salaries and wages of daycare workers;
– to calculate expenses on equipment, suppliers, management, education, and advertising;
– to estimate costs of debt and time needed to loan payback;
– to calculate an average number of booked places;
– to estimate the best prices for daycare;
– to find the main daycare key performance indicators;
– to craft an effective strategy for business development.
The model consists of:
– Dashboard with core assumptions, financials, and outputs
– Revenue calculations based on occupancy and price drivers;
– Flexible revenue & expenses setup
– Expenses, Wages and staff strength model
– Summary Financial metrics on graphs
– Top Revenue & Top Expenses reports
– Break-even Analysis
– Debt Financing and repayment schedule
– Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet for 3 years
– DCF Valuation of the Company
BENEFITS OF USING DAYCARE BUSINESS PLAN FINANCIAL MODEL
First and foremost, we did not hard-code any assumptions.
It is very helpful both for the client and financial modeler, as all the variables could be edited directly from the dashboard or from the revenue/expense/wages sections.
Thanks to that, we could test different alternatives and make any edits literally on the fly.
Besides it, the action period of budget modeling was editable.
Last but not least, the daycare business plan financial model considered the interest and the repayment period of the debt.
In the results tab, the user received maximally accurate financial statement summary.
Thus, our daycare financial metrics were flexible and editable, which provided the client with great user experience and confidence in the profitability of his business idea.
Two file types:
Full Excel Template – .xlsx
Demo PDF version – .pdf