Updated as of November 4th, 2019
In order to use our Website, the User must have reached the legal age of 18 (or the age of consent in your jurisdiction) and be able to form a legally binding contract. The use of this Website by minors is not permitted.
The purpose (“Purpose”) of our Website is to provide Users access to quality products, resources, and services related to financial modeling and financial planning projects. For this Purpose, we provide products (“Products”) and resources (“Resources”), together with the “Content”, as well as Services (“Services”) serving that Purpose.
- Products are offered in the form of spreadsheet templates and other templates and custom financial models, mostly spreadsheet files in Excel which contain industry-specific and state of the art financial modeling know-how;
- Resources are offered as information, in the form of articles, newsletters, book and course recommendations, which may help users to deal with their financial modeling projects:
- Services include the preparation of tailor-made financial models and Content as per User requirements and are delivered by Vendors, Freelancers and the team of eFinancialModels.
The Purpose of our Website also consists in continuously improving our Content and Services. Our Website can only be used for the stated Purpose.
Except as otherwise stated, all materials, which without limitation include spreadsheets and other templates, pictures, graphics, designs, videos, icons, and any other written materials found on and made available through www.efinancialmodels.com are copyrighted, trademarked, controlled or licensed by eFinancialModels, its affiliates, or by their respective creators. All said materials are protected by the Swiss and international copyright laws.
Content uploaded by Vendors remain as their intellectual property and all copyrights belong to them. eFinancialModels receives a royalty-free license to use the related marketing materials (e.g. pictures, screenshots, videos, etc.) for marketing purposes and has every right to publish, edit, translate, publicly display, and make derivative work of such. In the case of Vendors deciding to withdraw their Content, eFinancialModels will stop marketing their Content.
As a User, you may not distribute, transmit, license, or publish the Website or its content for commercial purposes; may not remove any copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary notices from any part of our Website; and/or infringe upon our intellectual property rights by using our Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Throughout this Website, you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any third-party website via a link on this Website, you do so at your own risk. Should any legal infringement become known to us, we will happily remove the respective link.
WEBSITE PROPER USE AND TERMINATION
The use of this Website is only permitted for the intended Purpose. The User / Vendor shall not upload, distribute, or otherwise publish through this Website any Content, information, or other material that (a) includes any bugs, viruses, worms, trap doors, Trojan horses, or other harmful code or properties; (b) is libelous, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, discriminatory, or could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the laws of Switzerland or the laws of any other country that may apply; or (c)violates, infringes upon the copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of any person.
eFinancialModels rеѕеrvеs the right to diѕсоntinuе, alter, or stop publishing the Website and/or any of its services at any time in its ѕоlе diѕсrеtiоn without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in thеѕе terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any соmреnѕаtiоn or оthеr рауmеnt upon the diѕсоntinuаnсе or аltеrаtiоn of any Wеbѕitе ѕеrviсеѕ, or if eFinancialModels ѕtорs publishing the Wеbѕitе.
LICENSE AND PERMITTED USE
By purchasing the Content or Services from eFinancialModels, the User receives a lifelong, royalty-free license to use the Content or Services as follows:
- The duration of the license to use the spreadsheet downloaded or purchased via eFinancialModels is unlimited
- The User has the right to download, store, copy, edit, print & use the spreadsheets for personal or professional use.
- Products are purchased “as is”. The license does not entitle receiving future model updates. Feel free to review the structure of the spreadsheet available as demo versions prior to purchasing or contact us for clarification.
- The model can be used within your team provided that your team size does not exceed 20 persons.
- All copyrights of the provided Content remain with the Authors/Vendors.
- The User is not allowed to publish our spreadsheet online, sell our spreadsheet, sub-license, commercialize or otherwise provide public access.
- Reselling a Product or Service or any derivative, purchased or obtained from eFinancialModels, specifically is not permitted.
- The intentional removal of security measures to protect downloaded files is not permitted and violates the intended use.
Our Products, especially digital products such as “Excel Templates”, and “Services” are sold “as is” and we cannot simply take them back. As such, we do not offer any refunds. However, in case the Products or Services have mistakes, issues, or are incorrect, we will happily receive feedback and will do our best to correct them with no extra charges. Simply email us at info[at]efinancialmodels.com and we will get back to you within 24hrs.
Vendors (“Vendors”) are independent third-party Users who sell Products and Services via our Website and/or intermediation service. By registering as a Vendor, the User confirms to adhere to the following additional terms:
- The Vendor confirms he/she is the rightful owner of the submitted Content and has duly obtained all required rights, copyrights, trademark permissions as needed to publish the submitted Content;
- Not to submit any harmful or offensive content and to adhere to best possible quality standards;
- To accept the revenue sharing terms as stated by eFinancialModels at time of publishing the Content;
- The right to freely choose the price at which he/she wants to sell their Products and Services. However, the vendor must offer the Best Possible Price and may not set the price higher than offered somewhere else such as on his/her own website, or offered anywhere else;
- To grant eFinancialModels the right to use, market, and distribute marketing materials related to the submitted Content such as pictures, screenshots royalty-free, and for an unlimited period of time;
- To allow eFinancialModels to offer price discounts of up to 10% of the normal price at its sole discretion to better market and incentivize the purchase of Content and Services for promotional campaigns;
- In case Users request custom financial modeling assistance, have the customers purchase the services through eFinancialModels website. Vendors interested to offer their services via eFinancialModels are kindly invited to get in touch with us.
- To indemnify and hold harmless eFinancialModels and affiliates for any claims, demands or damages, including lawyer’s fees, for any violation of the Terms stated herein.
Upon request, eFinancialModels will connect interested Users (“Customers”) with independent skilled Financial Modelling Freelancers (the “Freelancers”), together with the “Parties”, to perform financial modeling tasks (the “Project”). In this case, the Customers grant eFinancialModels the right to transfer their customer data such as contact details and Project information to the chosen Freelancer(s).
When using the freelancer services, eFinancialModels acts as an intermediary, while the User enters into a service contract directly with the Freelancer. eFinancialModels’ services do not constitute an act of employment nor giving directives to the Freelancer, instead, eFinancialModels is acting as intermediary providing a service to connect the Parties. The Freelancer is self-responsible for the proper delivery of his services and entering into a contractual arrangement with the Customer. However, the payment for such Services will be through the eFinancialModels platform and not directly to the Freelancer.
Our Website, Resources, Products, and Services are provided on an “as is” basis. eFinancialModels does not give any warranties or assurances that it will satisfy the User’s expectations or requirements. There is expressively no warranty provided for any eventual mistakes, omissions of the Content, or that all materials are accurate and up to date. The Content might have errors or omissions in it, be outdated, or not be applicable to the User’s specific situation.
It is the responsibility of the User to select the appropriate Content suitable and applicable to his specific use case. eFinancialModels will do its best to keep a high-quality standard of the Content and Services offered via its Website and welcomes User input to improve the quality of our Content and Resources.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or Content made available through our Website, but not directly by eFinancialModels, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. eFinancialModels is not responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than eFinancialModels.
eFinancialModels nor its Vendors, Freelancers, or other associated parties will be liable for any direct or indirect damages or losses which might have occurred directly or indirectly by using the Website, Content, or Services from us. Any eventual liability and compensation of damages herewith are excluded.
We cannot guarantee that our Website will be available at all times, as it might be affected by technical issues beyond our control. Where possible, we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed consistent with applicable law. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of eFinancialModels to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
You hereby agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with eFinancialModels must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION