Need some more financial modeling training? A financial modeling course online can be a good opportunity to improve your skills. We have collected below a list of financial modeling courses opportunities where you can train your financial modeling skills. Use the search field to enter a keyword to find the most suitable financial modeling course you like to take.
Learning Financial Modeling Online
It’s the new age where technology is rampant and critical to make a change. Not only does it provide us with great tools but it also gives us the benefit of convenience as well as efficiency that helps us save time, money, and other resources. Now, it is undeniable that Education is very important to ensure a better life in the present and the future, not only for oneself but also for the family. With the help of tools to connect across the globe as well as an almost bottomless pit of a library filled with the knowledge that you can access whenever and wherever, getting an education has become much simpler and convenient.
Age doesn’t matter at all. Whether you’re still a student, startup entrepreneur, office worker, CFO, CEO, etc., learning something new will always be beneficial. With the advantage of learning online, there’s nothing more convenient than that, especially when aiming to learn about financial modeling, a sought-after skill that you can apply not only for personal financing but also for many things such as:
- Business decision-making
- Building Financial Models
- To start a Career
Sectors which uses Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling is widely used in various sectors such as the following:
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Project Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Corporate Development
- Financial KPOs
- Mutual Funds
- Equity Research
- Management Consulting
- Entrepreneurship (Fundraising)
- Various Industries – Real Estate, Hospitality, Agriculture, Manufacturing, etc.
Top 10 Financial Modeling Careers
Here are the Top 10 Financial Modeling Careers that you can pursue by mastering this skill:
- Investment Banking – Investment banking is a division of a bank that engages in advisory-based financial transactions on behalf of individuals, corporations, and governments. It is traditionally associated with corporate finance. Investment bankers often build financial models to value companies for mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, and advisory mandates.
- Equity Research – Careers in equity research such as equity research analysts and associates often spend their time using Excel, building financial models, performing a company analysis, and researching an industry. Their reports are usually sent to clients of the bank to determine if it’s worth investing in public security or not.
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) – The group responsible for making a forecast/projections of a company’s performance, actual comparisons, and monitoring cash flows. Common positions are named finance analysts, managers, and directors in FP&A departments which perform complex financial modeling and analysis to ensure the company is liquid and feasible.
- Corporate Development – These professionals usually handles mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, and capital raising for a company. In this career, it is required to have extremely good financial modeling skills. Though some rely on bankers to develop the models but in many cases, building the financial models from scratch or using a corporate template is often what they prefer.
- Private Equity – Careers in private equity are usually professionals with financial modeling skills. They usually build spreadsheets for a leveraged buyout (LBO) which requires complex capital structure modeling. Therefore, most of their time is spent on financial modeling compared to other financial modeling careers. The downside to this job is that it is less common to come by and requires one to have advanced financial modeling skills.
- Venture Capital – Venture capital is a type of Private Equity which is a form of financing provided by firms to small or startup companies which have high growth potential. In this type of financial modeling, the metric often focused is the burn rate (the rate at which a company expends cash) in the short term.
- Commercial Banking – The need to create three statement models or discounted cash flow models is essential for professionals working in investment banking. Financial analysis is a great part of it, to see the ability of a company’s debt capacity, credit metrics, and covenants.
- Real Estate Development – If you’re planning to have a junior to a mid-level career with a developer, you will need solid financial modeling skills since you will need to build very detailed models to help calculate how profitable a real estate development project is.
- Mezzanine Finance – Hybrid of debt and equity financing that allows the lender to convert to an equity interest. Mezzanine lenders usually brought into a buyout to displace some of the capital that would usually be invested by an equity investor. Financial modeling is essential to determine the risk factor as well as to assess opportunities and deals via valuation models taking account both debt and equity features of investments.
- Startups – Individuals planning to start a business or running a startup need operating models that serve as a tool to forecast the business’ revenue, expenses, and cash flows into the future. Financial modeling at a startup is usually assigned to either the founders, the CFO, or whoever handles the finance team.
Wherever you are from the world, from the U.S.A, U.K, Canada, Germany, Australia, Philippines, etc., it is never too late to start educating yourself about financial modeling. No need to travel across the world and get lectures from foreign financial modeling experts. Simply enroll in their online classes and get the chance to learn financial modeling whenever and wherever you prefer.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links.