This is an Excel financial model template for an upstream oil & gas project aiming to determine a project’s financial feasibility. The model contains a forecast horizon between 30 to 50 years depending on the model version. The model is driven by oil production assumptions that drive gas and NGL production. Gas prices are linked to oil price assumptions as well. The model comes with detailed financial projections and breakdowns as well as a variety of analysis (cost structure, project metrics, and in the Pro Version break-even and sensitivity analysis). The model also includes a profit-sharing model.
A video with a walk-through of this model is available here:
The highlights of this financial model template in Excel are the following:
- 30-year forecast horizon for revenues, costs, investments, financial debt, profit share, balance sheet, and all cash flows
- Executive Summary Sheet with a variety of graphs, key financial information, and the main assumptions
- Project assumptions: years of the expected project life, production volumes for Oil and ratios Gas/Oil, NGL/Oil
- Pricing assumptions: oil price, price dependency factors for gas and NGL prices
- Cost and other assumptions: CAPEX, OPEX (Fixed costs, variable costs, COST PER BBL), general assumptions, etc.
- Calculation of the required funding required
- Calculation of the lifetime profits of this project
- Calculation of the project’s payback period
- Uses and Sources of Funds Table
- Three Statement Model with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement Forecast (also for 30 years)
- Debt schedule
- Fixed Asset Schedule
- Cost structure analysis
- IRR calculations: Unlevered IRR based on the Free Cash Flow to the Firm (FCFE) and Levered IRR based on the Levered Free Cash Flows
- Project Metrics
- NPV Calculation
- Profit-sharing model for up to 5 investors with Limited/General Partner Structure via waterfall model
- Comparison of profits and returns (Internal Rate of Return IRR, average cash on cash yield CoC) for each investor
- Forecast period up to 50 years instead of 30 years
- Break-Even Analysis to determine the required oil price to make this project work
- Sensitivitx Analysis
The full Excel model is available in two versions, Basic and Pro Version, For both Excel models, a Free PDF demo version is available for download.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Did you find this review helpful?