Most small businesses and startups ignore budgeting. The owner usually goes with the flow, receives some results every month, and doesn’t think about the financial strategy. But knowing your budget numbers and comparing it with actuals is extremely important for small businesses. The correct financial planning of future revenues and expenses brings success. So, what do you need to plan your budget efficiently?
It’s not rocket science to compare budget versus actual in excel template, but we have something special for you! FinmodelsLab created a nicely designed excel budget spreadsheet, which will help you to illustrate movements of core financial indicators during the year.
This Actual vs Budget Excel Template spreadsheet is designed to be dynamic and easy-to-adjust to better fit your business case. This template will offer assistance in allocating resources according to a solid budget plan.
Key Features of the Budget vs Actual Excel Template:
– Track budget vs actuals by month and by Income and Expense categories
– 20 available input lines for Income / Expense Categories
– Projection of Income and Expense for 12 Months
– Easy to navigate dashboard for user convenience and access to important sections
– View data for a month to month and annually totals
– Charts to visualize budget versus actual analysis
– Quickly and effectively communicate with your staff, creating more prominent worker involvement
– Track month to month budget versus actual data side-by-side to effectively pinpoint vital budget adjustments.
With budget vs actuals excel template you can:
– Compare year to date income with forecasted — per category or item
– Compare YTD planned and actual expenses — per cost
– Check the absolute variance or as a percentage: calculated automatically and displayed in the dashboard
– Track core financial KPIs YTD performance and compare it with the budget
– Improve spending control and accountability
– Spot trends—positive and negative
– Help managers and investors predict the future performance of the business
– All in one performance dashboard, easy-to-use Excel spreadsheet.
Excel – Single-User: .xlsx
Excel – Multi-User: .xlsx
Free Demo – .xlsx