The main purpose of the template is to enable a business to evaluate potential major projects or investments.
The structure is user-friendly and practical and is suitable for any type of business.
The template includes the major methods of capital budgeting (discounted cash flow, NPV, payback, profitability index, internal rate of rate) and a breakeven analysis.
• The template includes Input Tabs (gold color) and Output Tabs (dark blue color).
• Formulas are in black color and hard-coded numbers are in blue color. UPDATE ONLY THE BLUE COLOR NUMBERS.
• As a general rule, try to avoid changing the formulas in the cells in the output tabs. Please contact us if you need assistance with the functionality of the template.
Set Up Tab
• This tab includes the main data which feeds the rest of the template.
• Initial Investment Section : Fill in all CAPEX, OPEX & Working Capital Assumptions and enter the Lifetime of the investment in years.
• Revenue : Fill in Assumptions percentages (%), Sales Volume & Price per Unit and update the Fixed Costs Categories accordingly
• This tab creates a 10-Year Forecast for the investment based on the assumptions user inputs on the top section of the report
• Please fill in all the assumptions for the calculations to work properly
• This tab presents a capital budgeting process and evaluates the investment.
• It includes capital budgeting main calculation data, undiscounted and discounted cash flow, investment returns, and payback period analysis.
• All calculations are automatic and the user must only select the discount rate method from the drop-down list in cell N11.
• If Direct Method (1) is selected, the user needs to manually input the discount rate in cell N13.
• This tab creates a breakeven analysis for the investment, calculated based on units sold.
• All calculations are automatic and the user only needs to select the year from the drop-down list to view the corresponding chart output.
Help & Support
If you experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in these instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
This template has been designed with flexibility so it can be used in most business environments.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.