Do you like to understand financial modeling in more detail? Learning how to build your own Excel model can be a great skill to master and can allow you to start a career in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Financial Consulting. Today also many Entrepreneurs are confronted with the task of creating an Excel model of their business when entering discussions to raise financing from investors. Financial modeling becomes a skill which is needed again and again during the course of a career.
Learning financial modeling today has become easier than ever before, as you can simply take an online course from the convenience of your home and at the time of the day you prefer.
We have thus listed below a collection of some of the best online financial modeling courses currently available on the web. They allow you to study financial modeling Excel in more detail anywhere and at any time. Use the search field to enter a keyword to find the courses you are most interested in. Get started today to move your financial modeling skills to the next level.
By attending an online Excel modeling course you can cover topics such as the following:
- Understanding the Accounting Basics which are needed to build the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements
- Understanding the difference between profit and cash flow
- Understanding Financial Ratio Analysis and its implications in more detail
- Applying a structured approach how to build a financial model in Excel
- Building a debt schedule, fixed asset schedule and estimate net working capital items
- Building and understanding the components of the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) which is used as the Discount rate
- Performing a Discounted Free Cash Flow Valuation and understanding the pros and cons of the various valuation approaches such as DCF, Transaction Multiples, Comparable Quoted Company Multiples, Replacement Costs, Capitalized Earnings valuation
- Learning industry best practices in building dynamic Excel Spreadsheets and which Formulas to use
Building a Financial Model in Excel
The following outlines the curriculum of an Excel modeling course online which can serve as an example how an online course is structured.
This is a step-by-step financial modeling course teached to thousands of finance professionals at top financial institutions around the world. In this course you will learn to build a financial model from scratch by working in Excel and following along with videos. The course is structured as follows:
- A structured approach to financial modeling
- Forecasting the income statement and balance sheet
- Debt and financing schedules
- Building a free cash flow statement
The course provides essential preparation for wall street careers in investment banking, corporate development, and other areas of corporate finance. If you are interested in this course, simply follow this link to sign up.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links.
Building a financial model is an art.