|Financial Model, General Excel Financial Models|
|Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Projections, Excel, Financial Feasibility, Financial Model, Financial Projections, Financing, Forecast, Forecasting|
PURPOSE OF MODEL
User-friendly Excel model for the preparation of a 26-week rolling cash flow forecast for a generic new or existing business. The model allows the user to input cash flow assumptions for up to 3 revenue streams, 3 variable cost categories for each revenue stream, 5 staff cost categories and 12 other expense categories all of which can be easily extended if required. The model follows best practice financial modelling principles and includes instructions, line item explanations, checks and input validations
The model is generic and not industry-specific. The key outputs include:
– Projected full Cash Flow Statement with splits by Operating, Financing and Investing activities presented on a monthly basis and summarised on a full-year basis.
– Dashboard which includes the following:
o Summarised projected Cash Flow Statement
o Chart showing net cash movement by forecast week split by revenue, variable costs, other expenses, financing activities and investment activities.
o Line Graph showing cash balance development over the next 26 weeks.
Inputs are split into setup inputs, latest actuals and projection assumptions. Inputs include user-friendly line item explanations and input validations to help users understand the purpose of input and populate correctly.
– Name of business
– First projection week and year
– Naming for Revenue Streams, Variable Costs, Other Expenses and Payment Patterns
– Payment patterns on a monthly basis
– Cash Opening Balance
– Trade Receivables Opening Balance
– Trade Payables Opening Balance
– Revenue inputs including sales volume, sales prices, cash vs credit sale percentages and average credit terms offered;
– Variable cost inputs including variable cost per unit, cash vs credit purchase percentages and average credit terms received;
– Staff cost inputs including staff numbers and average staff costs per month
– Other expense inputs including Annual Cost and payment pattern selection.
– Other Cash Flow inputs including, Tax cash flows, Investment cash flows, borrowing cash flows, dividends and share capital cash flows.
The model contains, 7 tabs split into input (‘i_’), calculation (‘c_’), output (‘o_’) and system tabs. The tabs to be populated by the user are the input tabs (‘i_Setup’ and ‘i_Assumptions’). The calculation tab uses the user-defined inputs to calculate and produce the projection outputs which are presented in ‘o_Cash Flow’ and ‘o_Charts’
System tabs include:
– A ‘Front Sheet’ containing a disclaimer, instructions and contents;
– A Checks dashboard containing a summary of checks by tab.
Other key features of this model include the following:
– The model follows best practice financial modelling guidelines and includes instructions, line item explanations, checks and input validations;
– The model allows for a 6-month (26 week) rolling projection on a weekly basis and summarised on a half-year basis;
– The model is not password protected and can be modified as required following download;
– The model is reviewed using specialized model audit software to help ensure formula consistency and significantly reduce risk of errors;
– The model allows the user to model 3 separate revenue streams on a Price x Volume basis;
– Costs are split into: variable and other costs for better driver-based forecasting;
– Model included up to 15 user-defined monthly payment patterns which are used to calculate the settlement of ‘Other expenses’ allowing significant flexibility;
– Business Name, currency, starting projection period are fully customizable;
– Revenue, Cost and Payment Pattern descriptions are fully customizable;
– The model includes instructions, line item explanations, checks and input validations to help ensure input fields are populated accurately;
– The model includes a checks dashboard that summarises all the checks included in the various tabs making it easier to identify any errors.
If you require any be-spoke modifications to the tool, we are more than happy to assist with this. Please contact us on: [email protected] for further assistance.
We are also always keen to receive feedback so please do let us know what you think of our products/offering by sending us a message or submitting a review.