Advanced financial model presenting an acquisition scenario for a Multi-family Apartment Complex.
The main purpose of the model is to enable users to get into details of every step of a residential apartment complex operating analysis and project property asset’s cash flows.
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• The template includes Input Tabs (gold color) and Output Tabs (dark blue color)
• Formulas are in black, hardcoded numbers in blue, and links from other worksheets in green.
• User needs to update only the blue colored hardcoded numbers
• As a general rule, try to avoid changing the formulas in the cells in the output tabs. Please contact us if you need assistance with the functionality of the template
The summary tab includes all the critical information about returns and assumptions ready for a third party to review.
This page summarizes the following:
• General Info & Timing
• Acquisition, Financing and Exit Assumptions
• Risk & Return Metrics
• Year 1 Net Operating Income Breakdown
• Partnership Level Return Summary
• Market Penetration Summary
• Sensitivity Analysis
• Charts & Graphs
Cash Flow Summary
• A high-level review of the entire investment cash flow, from acquisition to disposition. It includes unlevered and levered cash flows and free and clear return, cash on cash return, debt service coverage ratio, and the debt yield metrics per year
Investor Returns (Waterfall)
• A standard 4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between the general partner and limited partner.
COMPS & Penetratiοn Analysis
• Includes competitive data to analyze the project against the competition with regards to occupancy, Average Monthly Rent (AMR), and Revenue per Apartment.
• Includes General Business Data as well as Revenue and Cost of Sales Drivers & Assumptions.
Revenue & COGS
• Detailed calculations of Revenue & Cost of Sales per Revenue Channel.
• Calculation of Property’s Payroll per Department.
• Detailed analysis of Variable and Fixed Operating Expenses.
• Includes assumptions of Capital Expenditures throughout the 10 Year Forecast and depreciation calculation
Detailed instructions on the use of the template are included in the Excel File
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.