Financial model presenting a development scenario for Hotel businesses.
The main purpose of the model is to enable users to get into details of every step of a hotel project from the construction stage, to operating analysis, projection of cash flows, and a potential future sale.
It includes all necessary data to calculate construction costs, financial and operating activities (Revenue, COGS, Payroll, Expenses), financing through Debt & Equity, and project Hotel’s profitability.
Outputs of the template include forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), DCF & Payback, Breakeven Analysis, and Investors Returns Waterfall.
A variety of KPIs and Financial Ratios (ADR, RevPAR, IRR, NPV, ROI, etc.) analyzes business performance and the company’s results are presented and summarized on a professional Executive Dashboard.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period (see examples of the dynamic functionality in the available screenshots).
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info
• Land Purchase & Construction Stage Assumptions
• Hotel Metrics (Total available & occupied rooms, Average Daily Rate, RevPAR), Revenue & COGS Assumptions
• Payroll, OPEX & CAPEX Assumptions
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Up to 10 Year dynamic Forecast (3 Statement Model)
• Discounted Cash Flow & Payback period (incl. Exit value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow)
• Breakeven Analysis
• A summary of various KPIs and Financial Ratios ((ADR, RevPAR, Revenue & Cost Metrics, ROE, ROA, etc.)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel files.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.