|Cafes & Bars, F&B (Food & Beverages), Financial Model, Hospitality, Manufacturing|
|5-year financial projections, Budget, Budgeting, Cash Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Projections, Excel|
Build realistic projections for your business with this Excel Template catered to brewery businesses.
How do I use this template?
1) Download our fully unlocked and ready-to-use Excel file.
2) Insert your business’ information on these various input tabs:
– The cost of goods sold model helps predict the cost of brewing your beer. The cost of inputs per batch and batch size can be altered and the template will use these inputs to estimate the cost of goods sold for your produce.
– Revenue model covers five years and enables you to predict three types of revenue: taproom beer sales, wholesale beer sales, and food/ other beverages sales. You can decide your expected number of customers and estimated spend per customer for beer and other goods. You can also calculate your direct labour expenses here.
– You will be prompted to input your expenses into the operating expense model. This generates the expenses and cash flows on your financial statements. You can input your fixed monthly expenses or monthly expenses as a percentage of revenue for variable items. Also, you can enter start-up expenses as the first 3 months of the template are broken down individually.
– The general assumptions model is where the hard calculations will be done for you, such as loan amortization, interest, depreciation expenses, etc. All you have to do is input information from your balance sheet and the rest is done for you.
– Calculate monthly salaries, taxes, and benefits expenses with the salaries and distribution model.
3) Then, these various output tabs will be automatically updated:
– The ‘at-a-glance’ tab gives a snapshot via financial charts, graphs, and ratios that are ready to be used in your pitch deck.
– The financial statements tab containing the income statement, cash flow statement, and balance sheet (which always automatically balance). Each statement also has monthly breakdowns.
– See how sensitive your model is to a change in certain variables without altering your data with the Investor Dashboard tab. This tab displays your models’ income statement along with a modified income statement that updates as you alter the main assumptions.
If you need a hand with anything, feel free to reach out! We are always happy to answer any queries or questions you may have and can modify any of the templates we distribute.
If this model doesn’t work for you, let us know and we can find a solution to meet your needs.